Terms of Service
These Terms of Service («Terms») cover your use of and access to the sites, templates, products, applications, tools and features (collectively, the «Services») provided by Vigbo on the websites and associated domains of www.vigbo.com By using or accessing the Services, you’re agreeing to these Terms. If you’re using the Services for an organization, you’re agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of that organization, and you represent and warrant that you can do so. References to «you», «your» and similar terms are construed accordingly in this Agreement. If you don’t agree to all the terms in this Agreement, you may not use or access the Services. You are agreeing to this Agreement with Vigbo Development, LLC. References to «Vigbo», «us», «we» and «our» mean Vigbo Development, LLC.
1. Creating AccountsMake sure your account information is accurate and that you keep your accounts safe. You’re responsible for your accounts and any activity on them. Also, you need to be at least 16 years old to use Vigbo.
1.1. Signing Up. To use many of the Services, you must first create an account («Account»). Different parts of the Services may require different Accounts. You agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information for your Accounts. We may need to use this information to contact you.
1.2. Staying Safe. Please safeguard your Accounts and make sure others don’t have access to your Accounts or passwords. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your Accounts and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your passwords. We’re not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your Accounts. You must immediately notify us if you know or have any reason to suspect that your Accounts or passwords have been stolen, misappropriated or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Accounts.
1.3. Sixteen And Older. The Services are not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you’re at least 16. If you’re under the age of 18, depending on where you live, you may need to have your parent or guardian’s consent to this Agreement and they may need to enter into this Agreement on your behalf.
2. Your ContentWhen you upload content to Vigbo, you still own it. You do, however, give us permission to use it in ways necessary to provide, improve, promote and protect our services. For example, when you upload a photo, you give us the right to save it and display it on your site at your direction. We also may promote or feature your site, but you can opt out if you don’t want us to do that.
2.1. Your User Content Stays Yours. Users of the Services (whether you or others) may provide us with content, including without limitation text, photos, images, audio, video, code and any other materials («User Content»). Your User Content stays yours, except for the limited rights that enable us to provide, improve, promote and protect the Services as described in this Agreement.
2.2. When you provide User Content via the Services, you grant Vigbo (including our third party hosting providers acting on our behalf) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that User Content works better with the Services), communicate, publish, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute User Content for the limited purposes of allowing us to provide, improve, promote and protect the Services. This Section does not affect any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws.
2.3. Featuring Your Site. We may choose to feature sites (including your Acuity pages) you use the Services to create or publish («Your Sites») or names, trademarks, service marks or logos included on Your Sites. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use any version of Your Sites, or any portion of Your Sites, including without limitation names, trademarks, service marks or logos on Your Sites, for the limited purpose of Vigbo marketing and promotional activities. For example, we may feature Your Sites on our Templates page, on the Customers sections of our sites or on our social media accounts. You waive any claims against us relating to any moral rights, artists’ rights or any other similar rights worldwide that you may have in or to Your Sites or names, trademarks, service marks or logos on Your Sites and any right of inspection or approval of any such use. You can opt out of being featured through your Account. This Section does not affect any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws.
3. Your ResponsibilitiesYou’re responsible for the content you publish on Vigbo, and you vouch to us that it’s all okay to use. We ask that you follow our rules and don’t do anything illegal with the services. Also keep in mind that what you upload may be publicly viewable.
3.1. Only Use Content You’re Allowed To Use. You represent and warrant that you own all rights to your User Content or otherwise have (and will continue to have) all rights and permissions to legally use, share, display, transfer and license your User Content via the Services and in the manner required by this Agreement. If we use your User Content in the ways described in this Agreement, you represent and warrant that such use will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyrights, trademarks, privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights, trade secrets or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights. Also, content on the Services may be protected by others' intellectual property, trade secret or other rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
3.2. Follow The Law. You represent and warrant that your use of the Services is not contrary to law, including without limitation applicable export or import controls and regulations and sanctions.
3.3. Share Responsibly. The Services let you share User Content including without limitation on social media and the open web, so please think carefully about your User Content. We’re not responsible for what you share via the Services.
3.4. Comply With Our Acceptable Use Policy. You must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. You represent and warrant that all your User Content complies with our Acceptable Use Policy.
3.5. Your Sites And Your End Users Are Your Responsibility. Your Sites may have their own visitors, customers and users («End Users»). You understand and agree that Your Sites and your End Users are your responsibility, and you’re solely responsible for compliance with any laws or regulations related to Your Sites and/or your End Users. We’re not liable for, and won’t provide you with any legal advice regarding, Your Sites or your End Users. This does not limit or affect any liability we may have to you separately for any breach of the other provisions of this Agreement.
4. Third Party Services And Sites, User Content And Vigbo SpecialistsIf you use or connect another service on or to Vigbo, follow a link to another site or work with someone you find on Vigbo, what happens is between you and them. We’re not responsible for it or what either of you do. There’s also a lot of content on Vigbo uploaded by our users (like you). We’re not responsible for that either.
4.1. Third Party Services. The Services are integrated with various third party services and applications (collectively, «Third Party Services») that may make available to you their content and products. Examples of Third Party Services include our domain registrar and social media platforms. These Third Party Services may have their own terms and policies, and your use of them will be governed by those terms and policies. We don’t control Third Party Services, and we’re not liable for Third Party Services or for any transaction you may enter into with them, or for what they do. Your security when using Third Party Services is your responsibility. You also agree that we may, at any time and in our sole discretion, and without any notice to you, suspend, disable access to or remove any Third Party Services. We’re not liable to you for any such suspension, disabling or removal, including without limitation for any loss of profits, revenue, data, goodwill or other intangible losses you may experience as a result (except where prohibited by applicable law).
4.2. Third Party Sites. The Services may contain links to third party sites. When you access third party sites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control and aren’t liable for those sites and what those third parties do.
4.3. User Content. The Services or sites created using the Services may contain User Content: (a) that is offensive or objectionable; (b) that contains errors; © that violates intellectual property, trade secret, privacy, publicity or other rights or the good name of you or third parties; (d) that is harmful to your or others’ computers or networks; (e) that is unlawful or illegal; or (f) the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and policies of third parties or is protected by intellectual property, trade secret, privacy or other laws. By operating the Services, we don’t represent or imply that we endorse your or other users’ User Content, or that we believe such User Content to be accurate, useful, lawful or non-harmful. We’re not a publisher of, and we’re not liable for, any User Content uploaded, posted, published or otherwise made available via the Services by you or other users. You’re responsible for taking precautions to protect yourself, and your computer or network, from User Content accessed via the Services.
5. Our Intellectual PropertyVigbo is protected by various intellectual property laws. This section summarizes what we own and how we share.
5.1. Vigbo Owns Vigbo. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark and other US and foreign laws. This Agreement doesn’t grant you any right, title or interest in the Services, others’ User Content, our trademarks, logos or other brand features or intellectual property or trade secrets or others’ content in the Services. You agree not to change, translate or otherwise create derivative works of the Services or others’ User Content.
5.2. We Can Use Your Feedback For Free. We welcome your feedback, ideas or suggestions («Feedback»), but you agree that we may use your Feedback without any restriction or obligation to you, even after this Agreement is terminated. This Section does not limit or affect any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws.
5.3. Our Demo Content. We may provide templates or other products featuring demo content, including without limitation text, photos, images, graphics, audio and video («Demo Content»), to provide you with ideas or inspiration. Unless we tell you otherwise, Demo Content (or any portion of it) may not remain on Your Site or be distributed, publicly displayed, publicly performed or otherwise published.
6. Our RightsTo operate effectively and protect the security and integrity of Vigbo, we need to maintain control over what happens on our services.
6.1. Important Things We Can Do. We reserve these rights, which we may exercise at any time and in our sole discretion, and without liability or notice to you (except where prohibited by applicable law): (a) we may change parts or all of the Services and their functionality; (b) we may suspend or discontinue parts or all of the Services; © we may terminate, suspend, restrict or disable your access to or use of parts or all of the Services; (d) we may terminate, suspend, restrict or disable access to your Accounts or parts, some or all of Your Sites; and (e) we may change our eligibility criteria to use the Services (and if such eligibility criteria changes are prohibited by law where you live, we may revoke your right to use the Services in that jurisdiction).
6.2. How We Handle Ownership Disputes. Sometimes, ownership of an Account or site is disputed between parties, such as a business and its employee, or a web designer and a client. We try not to get involved in these disputes. However, we reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, and without notice to you, to determine rightful Account or site ownership and to transfer an Account or site to such owner. Our decision in that respect is final. If we feel that we can’t reasonably determine the rightful owner, we reserve the right to suspend an Account or site until the disputing parties reach a resolution. We also may request documentation, such as a government-issued photo ID, credit card invoice or business license, to help determine the rightful owner.
6.3. HTTPS Encryption. We may offer HTTPS encryption for Your Sites. By registering a custom domain via the Services, or pointing a custom domain to the Services, you authorize us to create and maintain a certificate for the limited purpose of providing HTTPS for Your Sites.
7.2. Data Processing Addendum. Our Data Processing Addendum forms part of this Agreement.
7.3. You Must Comply With Data Protection, Security And Privacy Laws. You agree and warrant that you are solely responsible when using Your Sites or the Services for complying with applicable data protection, security and privacy laws and regulations (including, where applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the EU e-Privacy Directive/Regulation), including any notice and consent requirements. This includes without limitation the collection and processing by you of any personal data, when you use Your Sites and the Services to send marketing and other electronic communications to individuals and when using cookies and similar technologies on Your Sites (including, in particular, those which we place for you at your request as part of the Services, such as to undertake analytics for you).
8. CopyrightWe comply with copyright law, and respond to complaints about copyright infringement in accordance with our Copyright Policy. We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law, and such notices should be reported via the process described in our Copyright Policy, which is incorporated by reference into this Agreement. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate Accounts of repeat infringers without any refunds.
9. Paid Services And FeesCertain Services are paid services. This section explains how we handle payments for those paid services. For certain paid services, such as domain registrations and site subscriptions, we’ll automatically bill you in regular intervals (such as monthly or annually) unless you disable auto-renewal or cancel your subscription. You can do that anytime.
9.1. Fees. You can access certain portions of the Services by submitting a fee payment (such additional services, «Paid Services»). Paid Services will remain in effect until cancelled or terminated in accordance with this Agreement. We’ll tell you about fees for Paid Services before charging you. You may cancel Paid Services at any time via the Services. If you don’t pay for Paid Services on time, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your access to the Paid Services. Transaction fees and additional fees may also apply to certain portions of the Services, and we’ll tell you about those fees before charging you. Our fees will appear on an invoice that we provide via the Services, within your eCommerce Payment Processor account(s) and/or on a mobile app store invoice, unless otherwise indicated. Please note that different Paid Services have different fees and payment schedules, and canceling one Paid Service may not cancel all your Paid Services.
9.2. Taxes. All fees are exclusive of applicable national, provincial, state, local or other taxes («Taxes»), unless explicitly stated otherwise. You’re responsible for all applicable Taxes, and we’ll charge Taxes in addition to the fees for the Services when required to do so. If you’re exempt from Taxes, you must provide us with valid tax exemption documentation. We reserve the right to determine if the documentation provided is valid. Tax exemption will, provided we’re satisfied it’s valid and applicable, only apply from and after the date we receive such documentation. If Vigbo has a legal obligation to pay or collect indirect Taxes (such as value-added tax or goods and services tax) on the sale to you under the laws of your country (where you are established, have a permanent address or usually reside), you shall be liable for payment of any such indirect Taxes. Where Vigbo does not have a legal obligation to pay or collect indirect Taxes on a sale of Paid Services to you, you may be required to self-assess those Taxes under the applicable laws of your country (where you are established, have a permanent address or usually reside).
9.3. Automatic Subscription Renewals. To ensure uninterrupted service, we’ll automatically bill you for certain Paid Services from the date you submit your initial payment and on each renewal period afterwards until cancellation. Your renewal period will be equal in time to the renewal period of your current subscription. For example, if you’re on a monthly subscription plan, each billable renewal period will be for one (1) month. We’ll automatically charge you the applicable amount using the payment method you have on file with us. We’ll let you know in advance if you’re purchasing a Paid Service that includes auto-renewal payments. You can disable auto-renewal at any time via the Services.
9.4. Refunds. While you may cancel any Paid Services at any time, you won’t be issued a refund except in our sole discretion, or if legally required.
9.5. Fee Changes. We may change our fees at any time. We’ll provide you with advance notice of these fee changes via the Services. New fees will not apply retroactively. If you don’t agree with the fee changes, you have the right to reject the change by canceling the applicable Paid Service before your next payment date.
9.6. Chargebacks. If you contact your bank or credit card company to decline, chargeback or otherwise reverse the charge of any payable fees to us («Chargeback»), we may automatically terminate your Account. If you have questions about a payment made to us, we encourage you to contact Customer Care before filing a Chargeback. We reserve our right to dispute any Chargeback.
9.8. Fees For Third Party Services. Third Party Services purchased via the Services may be subject to different refund policies that those Third Party Services determine, and they may be non-refundable. The purchase terms and conditions for such Third Party Services may be displayed during the purchase process, such as through a link to the purchase terms and conditions. It’s your responsibility to verify your ability to purchase, cancel or obtain a refund for a Third Party Service. Unless otherwise stated in this Agreement, we don’t offer refunds for purchases of Third Party Services.
10. Your eCommerce On VigboWe offer tools to help you conduct eCommerce activities on Vigbo, such as selling your products or collecting donations. How you conduct your eCommerce activities is your responsibility, and we’re not liable for it. Also, be sure to follow our eCommerce rules, or we may terminate your account. Finally, when you use a third party to process payments for your eCommerce activities, remember that your relationship is with them, not us.
10.1. eCommerce Responsibilities. The Services include features that enable you to provide or sell products and services to, or otherwise collect payments from, your End Users (such activities, «Your eCommerce»). We’re not a party to, and we aren’t liable for, Your eCommerce. You’re solely responsible for Your eCommerce, and compliance with any laws or regulations related to it, including without limitation the following:
10.1.1. Taxes. You’re solely responsible for: (a) all Taxes and fees associated with Your eCommerce, including without limitation any Taxes related to the purchase or sale of products or services in connection with Your eCommerce; (b) collecting, reporting and remitting required Taxes to relevant government authorities; © informing your End Users of required Taxes, and providing them with invoices as required by applicable law; (d) monitoring distance sales thresholds in the EU and other indirect Taxes (such as value-added tax or goods and services tax) and registration thresholds in the countries where you have customers or where you ship goods to or provide services to; and (e) registering for indirect Taxes in countries where you are required to register. You also agree that any tax estimates, reporting or related materials that we may provide via the Services are for illustration purposes only, and you may not rely on them to comply with your tax obligations. We do not give tax advice, and nothing we say should be interpreted as such.
10.1.2. Fulfillment And Delivery. You’re solely responsible for fulfilling and delivering your products and services to your End Users.
10.1.3. Claims And Warranties. You’re solely responsible for any claims or warranties you make in connection with Your eCommerce and any claims made by End Users against you.
10.1.4. Customer Service. You’re solely responsible for handling any comments or complaints related to Your eCommerce, including without limitation any issues related to payments, promotions, refunds or chargebacks. You agree to provide accurate and complete contact information on Your Sites so that your End Users can submit comments or complaints to you.
10.1.6. Consumer, eCommerce And Other Laws. You are also responsible for complying with any consumer, eCommerce and related laws.
10.2. eCommerce Restrictions. You may not offer or sell any products or services which, in our sole discretion,: (a) we consider hazardous, counterfeit, stolen, fraudulent, abusive or adverse to our interests or reputation; (b) are prohibited for sale, distribution or use; or © otherwise fail to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation with respect to intellectual property, trade secrets, privacy or publicity rights, consumer protection, product safety or trade regulations or export controls, regulations or sanctions.
10.3. eCommerce Suspensions. While we’d prefer not to, we may, at any time and in our sole discretion, and without any notice to you, suspend, restrict or disable access to or remove your Account, Your Sites or Your eCommerce, without any liability to you or to any End Users, including without limitation for any loss of profits, revenue, data, goodwill or other intangible losses (except where prohibited by applicable law). For example, we may suspend Your eCommerce if you’re violating this Agreement.
10.4. eCommerce Payment Processors. To accept payments from your End Users in connection with Your eCommerce, you may integrate Your Sites with third party payment processors («eCommerce Payment Processors»). Your relationship with such eCommerce Payment Processors is governed by those eCommerce Payment Processors’ terms and policies. We don’t control and aren’t liable for any eCommerce Payment Processors, or for any transaction you may enter into with or through any eCommerce Payment Processors. eCommerce Payment Processors are a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 4.1. While we will try to provide advance notice, you agree that we may, at any time and in our sole discretion, and without any notice to you, suspend, restrict or disable access to or remove from the Services, any eCommerce Payment Processors, without any liability to you or to any End Users, including without limitation for any loss of profits, revenue, data, goodwill or other intangible losses (except where prohibited by applicable law). Your eCommerce Payment Processors may provide invoices for any transaction fees associated with Your eCommerce transactions.
11. DomainsThis section explains how we provide our domain services. Your domain registrations are also subject to agreements with third parties, including ICANN and our third party registrar partners.
11.1. Reseller Services. We work with third party registrars to provide you with domain services. When you register a domain name, or renew or transfer an existing domain name, via the Services, you are bound by the relevant registrar’s terms and conditions. Registrars are a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 4.1.
11.2. ICANN. Your use of our domain services is subject to the policies, including without limitation the dispute resolution policies, of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers («ICANN»). Your rights and responsibilities as a domain name registrant under ICANN’s 2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement are summarized here. You can learn more about domain name registration in general here. Country code top level domain names may not be subject to ICANN policies. In such cases, the applicable policies are set forth in the Tucows Terms.
11.3. Transfers, Renewals And Refunds. You may not be able to transfer a domain name for the first sixty (60) days following registration. For renewals, we or our registrar will try to provide you notice thirty (30) days before, five (5) days before and three (3) days after your scheduled domain renewal date. However, you agree that renewing your domain is solely your responsibility. We don’t offer refunds for domain renewals or transfers.
12. Term And TerminationEither of us can end this agreement at any time. This Agreement will remain in effect until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate this Agreement at any time via the Services. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue, or terminate, restrict or disable your use of or access to, parts or all of the Services or their functionality at any time at our sole discretion and without notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use of part or all of the Services if you’re violating these Terms or our Acceptable Use Policy. We will endeavor to provide you reasonable notice upon suspending or terminating part or all of the Services. All sections of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including without limitation Your Content, Our Intellectual Property, Warranty Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Dispute Resolution and Additional Terms.
13. Warranty Disclaimers.We work hard to make Vigbo great, but the services are provided as is, without warranties.
13.1. Disclaimers. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Vigbo makes no warranties, either express or implied, about the Services. The Services are provided «as is» and «as available». Vigbo also disclaims any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Vigbo, shall create any warranty. Vigbo makes no warranty or representation that the Services will: (a) be timely, uninterrupted or error-free; (b) meet your requirements or expectations; or © be free from viruses or other harmful components. However, Vigbo will provide the Services with reasonable care.
13.2. Exceptions. Under certain circumstances, some jurisdictions don’t permit the disclaimers in Section 13.1, so they may not apply to you. However, the disclaimers apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You may have other statutory rights and nothing in this Agreement affects your statutory rights or rights under mandatory laws. The duration of statutorily required warranties, if any, shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Limitation Of LiabilityIf something bad happens as a result of your using Vigbo, our liability is capped. You acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Vigbo and its affiliates and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents be liable with respect to any claims arising out of or related to the Services or this Agreement for: (a) any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages; (b) any loss of profits, revenue, data, goodwill or other intangible losses; © any damages related to your access to, use of or inability to access or use parts, some or all of your Account, Your Sites or parts or all of the Services, including without limitation interruption of use or cessation or modification of any aspect of the Services; (d) any damages related to unavailability, degradation, loss, corruption, theft, unauthorized access or, unauthorized alteration of, any content, information or data, including without limitation User Content and Your eCommerce data; (e) any User Content or other conduct or content of any user or third party using the Services, including without limitation defamatory, offensive or unlawful conduct or content; or (f) any Third Party Services or third party sites accessed via the Services. If you are an EU Consumer, we shall, despite any other provision in this Agreement, provide the Services with reasonable care but will not be liable for any losses which were not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our breach of this Agreement (except in relation to death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraud). These limitations apply to any theory of liability, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory, whether or not Vigbo has been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed its essential purpose. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (whether or not you are an EU Consumer), in no event shall the aggregate liability of Vigbo for all claims arising out of or related to the Services and this Agreement exceed the greater of twenty dollars ($20) or the amounts paid by you to Vigbo in the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the event that gave rise to such claim. If you are an EU Consumer, Vigbo is liable under statutory provisions for intent and gross negligence by us, our legal representatives, directors or other vicarious agents. An «EU Consumer» means a natural person acting for purposes outside their trade, business, craft or profession (as opposed to a User for business or commercial purposes) habitually residing in the European Economic Area.
15. IndemnificationIf you do something that gets us sued, you’ll cover us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Vigbo and its affiliates and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all damages, losses, liabilities, costs, claims, demands, fines, awards and expenses of any kind (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or related to: (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) your User Content, Your Sites and Your eCommerce; © any claims by, on behalf of or against your End Users; (d) your violation of any law or regulation or the rights or good name of any third party; and (e) any claims from tax authorities in any country in relation to Your eCommerce operations, including without limitation your sales to individual consumers (including distance sales) and other operations for which Vigbo may be held jointly and severally liable. Your indemnification obligations under this Section shall not apply to the extent directly caused by our breach of this Agreement or, where you are an EU Consumer, to the extent that the consequences were not reasonably foreseeable.
16. Dispute ResolutionThis Section 16 may not apply to you. If it does, before filing a claim against Vigbo, you agree to try to work it out informally with us first. Also, all formal disputes must be resolved through arbitration following the rules described below, unless you opt out of arbitration following the procedure described below. Finally, claims can only be brought individually, and not as part of a class action.
16.1. Informal Resolution. Before filing a claim against Vigbo, you agree to try to resolve the dispute by first emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your claim. We’ll try to resolve the dispute informally by following up via email, phone or other methods. If we can’t resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your first email, you or Vigbo may then bring a formal proceeding.
16.2. Arbitration Agreement. You and Vigbo agree to resolve any claims, disputes and matters arising out of or in connection with this Agreement (including without limitation its existence, formation, operation and termination) and/or the Services (including without limitation non-contractual disputes and matters) through final and binding arbitration and you and Vigbo expressly waive the right to formal court proceedings (including without limitation trial by jury), except as set forth below. Discovery and rights to appeal in arbitration are generally more limited than in a lawsuit, and other rights that you and we would have in court may not be available in arbitration. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, only an independent third party that will act as the arbitrator, and court review of an arbitration award is limited.
16.3. Arbitration Opt-Out. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by emailing us at email@example.com within thirty (30) days of the date that you first agree to this Agreement («Opt-Out Period»). Your email must be sent from the email address you use for your Account, and must include your full name, residential address and a clear statement that you want to opt out of arbitration.
16.5. Arbitration Time For Filing. Any arbitration must be commenced by filing a demand for arbitration within one (1) year after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission or default giving rise to the claim. If applicable law prohibits a one (1) year limitation period for asserting claims, any claim must be asserted within the shortest time period permitted by applicable law.